Coaching clinic to be held at 2016 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup
Three-day clinic available to all coaches | Register Here
Clinic focused on match analysis and playing trends at the 2016 National Presidents Cup
FRISCO, Texas (June 24, 2016) - US Youth Soccer will host a three-day coaching clinic at the 2016 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup, July 15-17, at the Mohwak Soccer Complex in Tulsa, Okla. Sam Snow, US Youth Soccer Director of Coaching, will run the clinic for coaches of all levels of competition.
The clinic will consist of both theory (class) and practical (field) sessions. Match analysis and playing trends will be the focus as participants observe matches played during the 2016 Presidents Cup.
"The clinic aims to improve the observation skill of coaches, which will aid in their objective analysis - a critically important factor in helping to raise a team's level of play," said US Youth Soccer Director of Coaching Sam Snow. "The clinic is open to all coaches but will be most helpful for those coaching teenaged teams."
Clinic Session Times:
- July 15 - 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- July 16 - 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 17 - 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The cost for this exclusive clinic is only $60 per coach and the deadline for registration is Friday, June 24. Online registration is available now.
The US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup is designed for those teams seeking additional challenges to play against teams of similar abilities for a national title. The cup provides a progressive, competitive experience to teams that might not otherwise get the opportunity to participate in a series of unique experiences highlighting competition, camaraderie and community from the state to regional to national levels of US Youth Soccer.
Scheduled Coaching Classes
Scheduled Coaching Courses 2015
Special Topics! Clubs can always request a special topic for their whole club or for an age group, etc. Just ask!
REMINDER: Youth Modules I and II and the USSF E license are paid for by Energy FC. For an application to host a course, use the following link: APPLICATION
Youth Modules: All Youth Modules have an online portion that coaches should do before they come to the field session time/locations below:
Here is the link: US Youth Soccer Online Coaching Education
(Cost $0) Paid by Energy FC (For age specific instruction on U6, U8, U10 coaching)
Also hosted/requested by clubs. So, if you don't see one in your area yet, ask your local club to host one!
We had several classes this spring, so keep checking for updates. Since the USSF F is online only, we still offer the USYSA Youth Modules. These are Field Sessions we will host at your club with your coaches. These are geared to be age specific (u6/u8/u10) and focus on how to train those young ages and make it a fun, effective and developmentally appropriate practice.
YOUTH MODULE 1 & 2: Age group specific training. We will run a U6 and U8 and U10 session with kids of that age. We hold a Q&A between each session to discover what the instructors were really doing and why based on the developmental differences of the 6/8/10 year old players.
US Soccer Federation National Coaching Schools:
All USSF Coaching Education courses will now be processed through the US Soccer Federation Digital Coaching Center (https://dcc.ussoccer.com). This includes registration. Any course offered that’s a USSF F, E, D, or C, coaches will simply create/login to their DCC coaching profile, find “Courses” tab and then will be able to find all of the courses in the state they are eligible for at the time.
Go to the USSF Digital Coaching Center. Create a profile. Then it will list all of the courses that are available to you. Currently, that will only be the F (even if you already have a higher license.) Planning Tools and Online Resources: When you register for the F, you will get access to the DCC Planning Tools and Online Resources.
The curriculum now starts with the USSF National F License . As of June 1, 2015 this is the Prerequisite for the USSF National E License.
The National F License is an approximately 2 hour online course.
USSF NATIONAL E LICENSE
Target for this course is U9-U12 age groups, or those who need the USSF E as the prerequisite for the USSF National D License. The focus in this course is:
1) Creating a positive and effective learning environment.
2) Introducing concept of Functional Training and creating realistic activities that are dynamic and game related. ($25 for members-Goes to US Soccer Federation and $75 for Non-Members)
Course Schedule: Friday Evening: 6pm-9pm, Sat/Sun: 9am-6pm
USSF National D License
Target for this course is U13-U15. Or, in the USSF Curriculum, where the full 11v11 starts to be played and real Functional Training where the goal is to get two lines of players in the system to improve.
Course Schedule: Friday Evening: 6pm-9:30pm, Sat/Sun: 9am-6pm. TWO WEEKENDS
This course is split into several Phases.
· Preparation Phase: There are some pre-course assignments that must be completed before the first Friday evening class. So, the earlier you register, the easier it will be to get them all done.
· Instructional Phase: During the first weekend the National Coaching School Staff will go over the vast majority of the USSF curriculum. Methodology, philosophy, demonstration of teaching techniques, etc.
· Deliberate Practice Phase: This is why there is two months between the two weekends. It is time to go away and put into practice the concepts and methods that were discussed during the IW. You will have some assignments to complete during this time period, so it will be critical that you have access to a team to run a session or two.
· Performance Phase: The final weekend will be one more "dress rehearsal" to get final feedback and then the Sunday will be Testing Day. The focus of this level course is on Functional GROUPs. Getting a Functional Group to improve their play. (Back line, midfield, etc.)
This course is a 6 hour course. We will go over all of the GK techniques from basic handling to diving, dealing with crosses, chipped balls, 1v1s, distribution, etc. We will discuss tactical concerns and psychology as well as selection/evaluation of GKs. Focus is on learning the typical breakdowns in technique and what the fixes are for each. In addition, the practical portion shows how to create activities that work the GKs in realistic ways and engage the rest of the team in meaningful ways. ($40)
ADVANCED COACHING SERIES:
Goals for these sessions will be two-fold:
1) Prepare those coaches who are going on to take the higher National USSF Courses (C and B and A).
2) Continue to provide growth opportunities to coaches who have taken their last official USSF coaching course, but are still looking to grow and improve their craft as a coach.
Presentation from ACS120715
YouTube link if you miss it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFoU0tHHl4I