Oklahoma Soccer Association, working in partnership with English FA Learning, is pleased to offer its first online qualification: Psychology for Soccer Level 1. This pioneering project is the first to be provided by any soccer governing body and is available to anyone with Internet access. The only requirements to take part the course are an interest in learning more about the subject and an email address.
The course is aimed at coaches, parents and teachers of 7- to 12-year-olds looking to gain an introduction to psychology and understand the players’ needs. The course combines audio and video technology with modules based on "true to life" player, coach and parent scenariosfor a comprehensive, interactive learning experience.
The course modules are:
- Psychology and Soccer
- Learning and Acquiring Skills
- Psychological Development
- Environment and Social Influences
In addition to the course modules, learners also will have access to a number of further benefits included as part of the course fee. The benefits include:
- Three months support from Qualified FA tutors
- Classroom-specific online discussion forums
- Global online discussion forums
- A resource area containing more than 100 articles and web links relating to coaching 7- to 12-year-olds.
- All successful students receive a FA Qualification in psychology
The five modules contain more than 20 sessions totaling more than eight hours of content. Including the use of discussion forums, resource area and the course tasks, the course is anticipated to take an average of 20 hours to complete. The fee for the course is £57 (approximately $109).
For a free preview of the course, please CLICK HERE.
To enroll in the course, please CLICK HERE.