Oklahoma Competitive League - OCL
Spring 2017 OPL & OCL Divisions 11-U - 14-U Girls
U15-U19 OCL- Extended Season
Open Reschedule Guidelines for Fall 2016
OKLAHOMA COMPETITIVE LEAGUE
***See Forms for Polices, Procedures, Tutorials and Forms.***
Spring 2017 OPL & OCL Divisions 11-U - 14-U Boys
Spring 2017 Schedules
U11-U14 - Spring 2017 Important Dates
- February 25 - Season Opens
- April 16 - No Games Scheduled
- April 29 - 30 - No Games Scheduled (games may not be rescheduled to April 29 - 30)
- May 6 - 7 - No Games Scheduled (games may not be rescheduled to May 6 - 7)
- May 19 - Season Ends (all Spring 2017 games must be played no later than Friday, May 19)
League No-Play Dates
Games will not be scheduled on or rescheduled to the following dates:
Below are details for the fall/extended league play dates.
- August 27 League Starts
- September 3-4 No Play Date
- October 15-16 No Play Date
- November 25-26 No Play Date
- December 23-January 3 OPL/OCL will not schedule on these dates teams may elect to play during this time if both teams agree
- February 7 Season End Date
Travel During Severe Weather
The safety of our members is always our top priority at OSA. Due to the potential for severe weather in every season, please check with the complex where you are scheduled to play to ensure it is open. If it is not safe to travel please contact your opponent as early as possible for information and site situation. Clubs should consider contacting opponents who are traveling to forewarn them of complex closures or time/field changes due to severe weather conditions. Referee assignors should be informed of any changes to schedules due to severe weather conditions. Good luck on the pitch and please be safe.
From the OPL League Policies concerning game cancellation due to weather:
Temperature – in consideration that the League is a fall extended season that plays through the winter months, the follow guidelines will be used to determine if a game can be cancelled based on the current mean temperature at the start of play:
- 40 degrees or above – The match will play as scheduled, if a team decides not to play then the result will be recorded as a forfeit (3-0) and team forfeits their bond.
- 20-39 degrees - Game may be played if both teams and OSA deem appropriate. Any of the three parties can "veto" playing and the game will be rescheduled.
- 19 degrees or below – Game(s) will be postponed.
In the event of diminished playing circumstances (rain, cold, etc.) if the complex remains open and the referee declares the field conditions safe for play, the teams/coach do not have the authority, even by mutual agreement to reschedule the match. Failure to play the match will result in a review by the LOC and the match may be declared a forfeit or double forfeit.
What is OCL?
The Oklahoma Competitive League is a competitive level state-wide league formed from new competitive teams and teams not in OPL. Players are selected by tryouts and the member affiliate (Club) is responsible for the organization of teams, rosters, the assignment of coaches, and submission of those teams to OSA for scheduling. Teams that win their seasonal OCL games may be offered the opportunity to advance into the OPL if they choose.
Cost: No team entry fee, included in registration.
How to register – Player and team registration is governed by the club in GotSoccer.
How League is scheduled – OSA Administrator will schedule.
Please refer to the league policies for more information.