The US Youth Soccer ODP Philosophy
To identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the U.S. National Teams in the international arena.
The U.S. Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (ODP) is a national identification and development program for high-level players. The program identifies and develops youth players throughout the country, to represent their state association (OSA), region (South Region) and the United States in soccer competitions.
ODP Teams are formed at the Oklahoma Soccer Association and regional level, made up of the best players in various age groups.
What is the Olympic Development Program (ODP)?
Oklahoma ODP seeks to identify elite players from all over the state with the intention of developing those players with supplemental training in a competitive environment while exposing them to opportunities for success at higher levels of competition.
US Youth Soccer Breakdown
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions, each of which offers Regional Trials for state association teams in each eligible age group. South Texas is in the South Region, along with North Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.
For more information about the history of the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program CLICK HERE.
Who is Eligible?
Any soccer player is eligible for consideration in the US Youth Soccer ODP if he or she meets the age requirements for the established age group. A player may try out in the state association in which he or she is eligible to be registered. A player may not try out for the ODP in more than one state association.
Eligible Age Groups:
- Boys & Girls born in 2004 (Fall & Spring Talent Identification 1 day events. Locations Tulsa & OKC, dates and locations tbd, cost $50 per player for registration to both ID events)
- Boys & Girls born in 2005
- Boys & Girls born in 2006
- Boys & Girls born in 2007
- Boys & Girls born in 2008
- Boys & Girls born in 2009
- Boys & Girls born in 2010
- Boys & Girls born in 2011 (Pre ODP Program. Training only, no events scheduled for these age groups currently)
What are the Benefits of Participating in US Youth Soccer ODP?
- Development as a player. The opportunity to train and play with the best players in one's age group.
- Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
- Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP teams.
- Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
- The opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
- Exposure to college coaches.
ODP Player Manual
Next Calendar Events:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
email@example.com David Yates, Oklahoma State Technical Director